Getting an EnerGuide Label

Step one (Step 2a in the rebate process)

Call a licensed service organization to send an energy advisor to conduct your home evaluation. Service organizations will be able to give you a quote for this work.

The following service organizations can link you with a Certified Energy Advisor and provide you with an EnerGuide Assessment and Rating in the Edmonton region:


Please note that the City of Edmonton does not endorse any particular service organization or warranty the services of either the Certified Energy Advisor or service organization in anyway. Please read the complete terms of use. We encourage you to also check out NRCan’s website for other possible service providers operating in the Edmonton region.

Step two (Step 2b in the rebate process)

The energy advisor will spend 2 to 3 hours doing the evaluation. They will ask you about any issues you may be having with your home, your renovation plans and your priorities for improving your home. They will provide a comprehensive assessment of your home’s insulation, heating system, air leakage and much more. The assessment includes a blower door test that will test for the levels of air leakage in your home (a very important factor in your home’s energy efficiency).

The energy advisor will send you the home’s EnerGuide rating along with recommendations for improvements that are customized to your home. These can help you make decisions that will save you money while improving the overall comfort of your home. Along with your EnerGuide rating and label you will also receive a Homeowner Information Sheet and a Renovation Report.


Please visit the rebate page to see if you are eligible for the City of Edmonton’s Spot the Difference rebate.