Get up to 80% off an EnerGuide evaluation
The City of Edmonton is providing a $400 rebate to homeowners who get an EnerGuide evaluation (version 15) done on their home, and who sign up to share their energy rating and label on Edmonton’s EnerGuide for Homes map. This rebate will generally cover 80% to 90% of the cost of the EnerGuide evaluation. The number of rebates are limited, and incentive levels are subject to change at anytime, so sign up today!*
How to participate
Here’s a quick overview of the process. For details, see below.
Check your eligibility. To be eligible for a rebate:
- you must be a homeowner (i.e. not the builder)
- your home is in the boundaries of the city of Edmonton
- your home is a single-family detached, single-family attached (duplex, triplex, quadraplex), or row housing unit not exceeding three stories
- your home is an existing home (been lived in before)
- your home has been evaluated by a licensed energy advisor and received an EnerGuide label with a gigajoule (GJ) rating (EnerGuide version 15) that has not been previously shared on the City of Edmonton’s EnerGuide for Homes map.
- If you do not have an EnerGuide label, please go to Step 2.
- If you have an EnerGuide label already, please go to Step 3.
Contact a licensed service organization and arrange for an EnerGuide Home Energy Evaluation. Once the evaluation is complete you will receive an EnerGuide label with a GJ rating and report for your home within 14 days.
Share your EnerGuide label so we can add it to the map. To receive the rebate, the owner of the home must agree to the program terms and conditions and share the energy rating and EnerGuide label on Edmonton’s EnerGuide for Homes map. If you meet the eligibility criteria (see Step 1), your rebate will automatically be processed.
Want to know more? Read the FAQs or call us at 780-328-2539.
Need Help to Get Started?
Contact EnerGuideRebate@Summerhill.com or call 780-328-2539
Energy Efficiency Alberta Home Improvement Rebates
Now that you know your home’s energy performance are you ready to improve it? Energy Efficiency Alberta can help with rebates of up to $6000 for the following energy efficiency upgrades:
- Insulation – rebates of up to $3500
- Windows – rebates of up to $1500
- Tankless hot water heater – rebates of up to $1000
Visit www.efficiencyalberta.ca or call 1-844-357-5604 to learn more.
*Cost of the EnerGuide evaluation varies. Call a licensed EnerGuide service organization for a quote. The number of rebates provided is dependent on approved funding levels. As such, the City of Edmonton reserves the right to discontinue or alter the rebate at any time without notice.